Conor McGregor On UFC Return Delays Until Next Year
MMA Fighter Conor McGregor is certain about his imminent UFC return. However, McGregor’s return is late until next year.
Some fans and UFC president Dana White believe that the former UFC Champion has lost his hunger for the ring. It’s been two years since McGregor had a fight in the ring with anyone.
Conor teased his fans with his UFC return announcement fighting against his rival coach on The Ultimate Fighter Michael Chandler, scheduled for UFC 296 on December 16.
But now news is coming that UFC’s president Dana White revealed that fans have to wait a few more days or months to watch ‘the Notorious’ back in the ring.
This year in December, the welterweight title clash between Briton Leon Edwards and Colby Covington will headline the promotion’s final pay-per-view event of the year.
In a recent interview with The Mirror, Irish fighter Conor was asked when he would be back in the Octagon. He said,
“Yes, I’m en route. En route, son. En route.” Said he is still rooting for the December,
“I’m still holding out for December.” When a reporter asked the reason behind his delay. Notorious stated,
“Nothing happened. Steady on, steady on,” assured that “imminent. It’s imminent.”
McGregor had this leg injury during his trilogy fight with Dustin Poirier two years back. Since then Conor McGregor hasn’t seen in the Octagon.
Fans and Chandler are patiently waiting for Conor’s return in Octagon.